How to Find Us
‘Agnes’ - 1909 tandem compound condensing mill engine.
Built by Pollit & Wigzell. Sowerby Bridge, Yorkshire.
Compound marine engine - 1942.
Built by Fleming & Ferguson, Paisley
One of two engines fitted in a wartime crane ship named ‘London Titan’
Triple expansion marine engine - 1925
Built by Plenty & Sons, Newbury
Single Cylinder Engine - 1874.
Built by Needham, Qualter, Hall & Co. For Barnsley Brewery Co. Ltd.
Side-lever marine engine - 1907.
Built by Hepple & Sons, South Shields Port engine, fitted to the paddle tug ‘Reliant’.
Triple expansion marine engine - 1927.
Built by W Sisson & Co. Ltd. Gloucester
Installed in the Thames River Steamer ‘Mapledurham’
Twin cylinder engine - 1902.
Built by Robey & Co., Lincoln.
Compound marine engine - 1906
Built by JS White,, Isle of White.
The egine originally powered a 56ft pinnace belonging to the battleship ‘Agamemnon’.
Compound marine engine - 1937
Built by WJ Yarwood of Northwich, Cheshire.
Installed in the dredger ‘Seiont II’
Two single cylinder engines - 1884.
Built by Thornewill & Warham, Burton on Trent.
Installed in the Wilderspool Brewery,Warrington.
Engines On Display
In addition to the above engines, there is a variety of smaller engines and steam pumps on display.
Ship’s steam steering engine.
Installed on RFA ship ‘Throsk’
Ship’s steam capstan engine.